DBItest 1.5-2 (2018-01-26)
- Fix test that fails with “noLD”.
- Fix NOTEs on R-devel.
DBItest 1.5-1 (2017-12-10)
"cannot_forget_disconnect" test that fails on R-devel (#150).
DBItest 1.5 (2017-06-18)
Finalize specification. Most tests now come with a corresponding prose, only those where the behavior is not finally decided don’t have a prose version yet (#88).
- Test behavior of methods in presence of placeholders (#120).
- Test column name mismatch behavior for appending tables (#93).
- Test that
dbBind() against factor works but raises a warning (#91).
- Test roundtrip of alternating empty and non-empty strings (#42).
- Test multiple columns of different types in one statement or table (#35).
field.types argument to
- Added tests for invalid or closed connection argument to all methods that expect a connection as first argument (#117).
- Enabled test that tests a missing
- Add test for unambiguous escaping of identifiers (rstats-db/RSQLite#123).
- Reenable tests for visibility (#89).
- Fix and specify 64-bit roundtrip test.
- 64-bit integers only need to be coercible to
- Added roundtrip test for time values (#14).
- Added tweaks for handling date, time, timestamp, … (#53, #76).
- Test that
dbFetch() on update-only query returns warning (#66).
NULL is a valid value for the
row.names argument, same as
- A column named
row_names receives no special handling (#54).
- A warning (not an error anymore) is expected when calling
dbDisconnect() on a closed or invalid connection.
row.names = FALSE is now the default for methods that read or write tables.
NA to beginning and end of columns in table roundtrip tests (#24).
- Stricter tests for confusion of named and unnamed SQL parameters and placeholders (#107).
- Also check names of all returned data frames.
- The return value for all calls to
dbReadTable() is now checked for consistency (all columns have the same length, length matches number of rows) (#126).
- Removed stress tests that start a new session.
hms (or other subclasses of
difftime) to be returned as time class (#135, @jimhester).
- Test that dates are of type
numeric (#99, @jimhester).
POSIXct (#100, @jimhester).
"PST8PDT" instead of
"PST" as time zone (#110, @thrasibule).
- Added tests for support of
blob objects (input and output), but backends are not required to return
blob objects (#98).
timestamp_typed tweaks are respected by the bind tests.
- Fixed tests involving time comparison; now uses UTC timezone and compares against a
- Tests for roundtrip of character values now includes tabs, in addition to many other special characters (#85).
- Make sure at least one table exists in the
- Fix roundtrip tests for raw columns: now expecting
NULL and not
NA entries for SQL NULL values.
expect_equal_df() for list columns.
- Testing that a warning is given if the user forgets to call
- Numeric roundtrip accepts conversion of
- Fix R CMD check errors.
- Internal consistency checks (#114).
- Skip patterns that don’t match any of the tests now raise a warning (#84).
test_some() to test individual tests (#136).
- Use desc instead of devtools (#40).
- All unexpected warnings are now reported as test failures (#113).
DBItest_tweaks class gains a
$ method, accessing an undefined tweak now raises an error.
- The arguments of the
tweaks() function now have default values that further describe their intended usage.
with_remove_test_table() helpers, and
expect_equal_df() expectations for more concise tests.
DBItest 1.4 (2016-12-02)
- Use markdown in documentation.
- Description of parametrized queries and statements (#88).
- New hidden
DBIspec-wip page for work-in-progress documentation.
- Get rid of “Format” and “Usage” sections, and aliases, in the specs.
- Not testing for presence of
max.connections element in
- Test multi-row binding for queries and statements (#96).
ellipsis check that verifies that all implemented DBI methods contain
... in their formals. This excludes
show() and all methods defined in this or other packages.
bind_ tests to use the new
parameter_pattern tweak (#95).
- Rough draft of transaction tests (#36).
fetch_zero_rows test, split from
- The “compliance” test tests that the backend package exports exactly one subclass of each DBI virtual class.
- Document and enhance test for
dbDataType("DBIDriver", "ANY") (#88).
- Minor corrections for “bind” tests.
- Isolate stress tests from main test suite (#92).
- Refactor test specification in smaller modules, isolated from actual test execution (#81). This breaks the documentation of the tests, which will be substituted by a DBI specification in prose.
- Align description of binding with code.
- Refactor tests for
dbBind(), test is run by
BindTester class, and behavior is specified by members and by instances of the new
skip argument to the
test_() functions is again evaluated with
perl = TRUE to support negative lookaheads (#33).
dbExecute() where appropriate.
- Avoid empty subsections in Rd documentation to satisfy
R CMD check (#81).
DBItest 1.3 (2016-07-07)
read_table test when the backend actually returns the data in a different order.
dbDataType() on connections (#69, #75, @imanuelcostigan).
- Check returned strings for UTF-8 encoding (#72).
dbFetch() on the same result set (#51).
tweaks() gains an
... as first argument to support future/deprecated tweaks (with a warning), and also to avoid unnamed arguments (#83).
testthat now shows a more accurate location for the source of errors, failures, and skips (#78).
- Aggregate skipped tests, only one
skip() call per test function.
- Indicate that some tests are optional in documentation (#15).
constructor_relax_args tweak, currently not queried.
ctx argument is now explicit in the test functions.
- Change underscores to dashes in file names.
testthat compatibility hack.
all_have_utf8_or_ascii_encoding() which vectorizes
- Test on AppVeyor (#73).
- Work around regression in R 3.3.0 (fix scheduled for R 3.3.1) which affected stress tests.
DBItest 1.2 (2016-05-21)
- Support names for contexts (@hoesler, #67).
skip argument to the test functions is now treated as a Perl regular expression to allow negative lookahead. Use
skip = "(?!test_regex).*" to choose a single test to run (#33).
- Added encoding arguments to non-ASCII string constants (#60, @hoesler).
- Improve tests
simultaneous_connections test always closes all connections on exit (@hoesler, #68).
- More generic compliance check (@hoesler, #61).
- Update documentation to reflect test condition (@imanuelcostigan, #70).
- Import all of
testthat to avoid
R CMD check warnings.
- Compatibility with dev version of
- Improve Travis builds
- Use container-based builds on Travis.
testthat from GitHub.
Version 1.1 (2016-02-12)
- New feature: tweaks
- New argument
tweaks(), essentially constructs a named list of tweaks but with predefined and documented argument names.
constructor_name, respected by the
TRUE all identifier must be syntactic names even if quoted. The quoting test is now split, and a part is ignored conditional to this tweak. The
roundtrip_quotes tests also respects this tweak.
omit_blob_tests for DBMS that don’t have a BLOB data type.
current_needs_parens – some SQL dialects (e.g., BigQuery) require parentheses for the functions
union, for specifying a nonstandard way of combining queries. All union queries now name each column in each subquery (required for
- New tests
package_name test in
- Improved tests
- Stress test now installs package in temporary library (before loading
R CMD INSTALL before loading DBI (rstats-db/RSQLite#128, #48).
- Row count is now tested for equality but not identity, so that backends can return a numeric value > 2^31 at their discretion.
dbRemoveTable() instead of issuing
DROP requests, the latter might be unsupported.
- Use subqueries in queries that use
- Test that
dbClearResult() on a closed result set raises a warning.
- Expect a warning instead of an error for double disconnect (#50).
- Move connection test that requires
DBI to be in
Imports, not in
- Removed tests
- Remove test for
- Bug fixes
- Fix broken tests for quoting.
RKazam as part of the Travis-CI tests (#52).
- Travis CI now installs rstats-db/DBI, updated namespace imports (
- Use fork of
- Return test results as named array of logical. Requires hadley/testthat#360, gracefully degrades with the CRAN version.
- Refactored the
get_info_() tests to use a vector of names.
- Use versioned dependency for DBI
- Use unqualified calls to
Version 1.0 (2015-12-17)
- CRAN release
- Eliminate errors on win-builder
- Satisfy R CMD check
- Use LGPL-2 license
- Add RStudio as copyright holder
devtools package from “Imports” to “Suggests”
Version 0.3 (2015-11-15)
- Feature-complete, ready for review
- Tests from the proposal
- Add missing methods to compliance check
- Add simple read-only test (#27)
- Add stress tests for repeated load/unload (with and without connecting) in new R session (#2),
- Migrate all tests from existing backends (#28)
data_ tests to use a worker function
- Test tables with
NA values above and below the non-
NA value in
- Test return values and error conditions for
- Test vectorization of
- Test that dates have
integer as underlying data type (#9)
- Roundtrip tests sort output table to be sure (#32)
NULL conversion in
dbQuoteString(), and false friends (#23)
- Enhance test for
- Avoid using
data.frame() for date and time columns (#10)
expect_identical() instead of
expect_equal() in many places (#13)
- Catch all errors in
on.exit() handlers via
- Combine “meta” tests into new
- New “test” vignette (#16)
- Add package documentation (#38)
- Same as 0.2-5
Version 0.2 (2015-11-11)
- Tests from the proposal
- DBI compliance (not testing read-only yet)
- Migrate most of the tests from RMySQL
- Test improvements
- Test BLOB data type (#17)
- Check actual availability of type returned by
- Testing infrastructure
- Disambiguate test names (#21)
- Use regex matching for deciding skipped tests, skip regex must match the entire test name
- Document all tests in each test function using the new inline documentation feature of roxygen2
- Improve documentation for
test_all(): Tests are listed in new “Tests” section
- Add brief instructions to README
- Move repository to rstats-db namespace
- Same as 0.1-6
Version 0.1 (2015-10-11)
- First GitHub release
- Builds successfully on Travis
- Testing infrastructure
- Test context
- Skipped tests call
test_all() that runs all tests
- Tests from the proposal
- Getting started
- Code formatting is checked with lintr
- Same as 0.0-5